Mega Garchomp raid day occurs on Saturday, November 11, 2-5pm native time. The official Japanese PoGO account additionally suggests that it'll keep in Mega Raids afterwards till the morning of November 16. On this article, I'll take a look at Mega Garchomp's position as a Floor– and Dragon-type raid attacker. On the finish of this text, I additionally connected fixes for some Mega Rayquaza charts from August.
Be aware: Garchomp caught through the raid day will NOT have its Neighborhood Day transfer, Earth Energy.
- You need to use an Elite Charged TM to get it. For any Garchomp caught from raids, ETM is the one possibility.
- For those who can afford to attend, you can even maintain off evolving your Gible and Gabite till some future occasion that provides you Earth Energy upon evolution with out ETMs.
Fundamental Factors / TL;DR
Mega Garchomp is #2 as each a Floor and Dragon attacker.
The issue? Primal Groudon (with Precipice Blades) and Mega Rayquaza are a lot stronger. Each even have a “everlasting” mega increase that elevate themselves above and past in group raids, whereas Mega Garchomp doesn't. On most events when you should use a Mega Garchomp, the “Mega” legendaries are approach higher.
There could also be one exception: Dialga raids, the place Mega Garchomp uniquely serves as each a raid attacker and sweet (XL) booster.
A observe on Primal Groudon and Mega Rayquaza with out legacy strikes
I didn't observe it within the chart, however by way of solo energy (with out group harm boosts):
- Primal Groudon with Earthquake is nearly an identical to Mega Garchomp with Earth Energy. It's a big downgrade from Precipice Blades.
- I'd nonetheless use an Earthquake Primal Groudon over Mega Garchomp in group raids, for causes within the subsequent part.
- Mega Rayquaza with Outrage is barely a marginal downgrade from Breaking Swipe, and nonetheless higher than Mega Garchomp.
“Everlasting” Primal/Mega Ray increase defined
Mega and Primal Pokemon present a 30% increase to different raiders' assaults that match considered one of their sorts, and 10% increase to different kinds of assaults. For many megas similar to Mega Garchomp, this solely applies when it's on the sphere and attacking.
Nevertheless, Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon and Mega Rayquaza present the increase so long as your present social gathering of 6 contains them. They increase different gamers whereas on the sphere, but in addition earlier than and after they enter the sphere (even after they faint).
In consequence, every time they deal Tremendous Efficient harm, they completely dominate different megas in group raids. Even when not, you possibly can nonetheless obtain a everlasting 10%/30% harm increase by placing them within the “background” – have them within the sixth slot, and relobby as quickly as they enter the scene.
To me, that is the killing blow for Mega Garchomp. Except your Primal Groudon and Mega Rayquaza are on cooldown, utilizing them is solely higher for nearly all intentions.
When Mega Garchomp pulls double duties
Mega Garchomp's distinctive Dragon/Floor typing will doubtless be related for catching. It will probably additionally double obligation as each a raid attacker and an (XL) sweet booster within the following T5 raids:
- Stands out from Primal Groudon
- Future Mega Lucario is the one different possibility that may do that
- All different dragons
- Nevertheless, Mega Rayquaza and another dragon mega may also do that, so it doesn't stand out
- Be aware: In opposition to Reshiram and Zekrom, Mega Garchomp desires DT/Outrage
- Primal Groudon (because the raid boss)
- Mega Swampert does this a lot better
- (Iron Treads and Sandy Shocks?)
- Primal Groudon may also do that
Actually, I anticipated extra from this. However I assume Dialga is vital sufficient of a use case.
Mega Rayquaza chart fixes
These are corrections to the Mega Rayquaza charts that I made in August. At the moment, it was noticed that Mega Rayquaza didn't present a background increase. Nevertheless, Niantic has since clarified that it was a bug, and Mega Rayquaza does present a background increase now.
Imgur Hyperlinks and Further Charts
Basic attacker charts: ASE, ASTTW* and ASE Dodge*
* signifies extra charts that aren't in the principle submit.
The submit Mega Garchomp as a Raid Attacker: Overshadowed by Primals and Mega Ray appeared first on Pokémon GO Hub.