After three enormous Pokémon GO Fest occasions this yr in Osaka, London and New York, Niantic have reported that they commissioned an financial affect research by Statista, displaying a whopping $300 million affect throughout the three host cities!
The research discovered that between New York, London and Osaka, Pokémon GO Fest generated a mixed $323 million for native economies, inclusive of $73.8 million in tax revenues. With over 194,000 attendees throughout the three occasions, this can be a enormous increase to native economies, and Niantic in contrast their figures with a number of different excessive profile occasions that occurred in 2023.
“Compared, the 2023 UEFA Champions League closing was projected to convey an financial increase of roughly $80 million to the host metropolis of Istanbul, Eurovision boosted the Liverpool regional economic system by $66.2 million in 2023, and Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour reveals in Kansas Metropolis this yr generated $48m to the native economic system.”
We had writers who travelled to New York Metropolis and London for his or her GO Fests, writing opinions of their experiences of each occasions linked right here, and right here. The figures show for attention-grabbing studying, whereas London and Osaka occurring on the identical weekend, permitting New York Metropolis to be the standalone occasion appears to have given it the best financial increase to the host metropolis by a big margin.
New York Metropolis
Hosted on Randall's Island, New York Metropolis, the research discovered that Pokémon GO Fest gave the native economic system a lift of $140.1 million, and $28.1 million in tax income.
“New York Metropolis is the world’s stage in terms of stay occasions. The Niantic staff proved to be nice companions in our efforts to convey the Pokémon GO Fest to the 5 boroughs this previous summer time, and the outcomes of the financial affect research converse for themselves,” mentioned Fred Dixon, President and CEO of New York Metropolis Tourism + Conventions. “The occasion created a chance to showcase the Metropolis to gamers and followers from all over the world, 21% of whom have been first-time guests. We stay up for welcoming them again to NYC once more sooner or later.”
It appears that evidently not solely attendees and Pokémon followers thought the occasion was a hit, however the New York Metropolis Tourism & Conventions firm, who're a non-profit quasi-agency who're New York Metropolis’s official advertising and marketing, tourism and partnership group. Additionally quoted in Niantic's report was Deborah Maher, President, Randall’s Island Park Alliance, who mentioned the next:
“Randall’s Island Park Alliance was thrilled to have Pokémon GO make its inaugural look at our park this summer time. The overwhelming engagement and pleasure of the attendees was great to witness. We're grateful to the neighborhood and followers that made Pokémon GO Fest 2023 a hit and hope to welcome them again sooner or later.”
New York Metropolis Figures
- Financial Increase: $140.1M with a tax income technology of $28.1M.
- Attendance: 74,000 tickets offered, with 58% of attendees aged between 27-44 years.
- Spending Traits: A median spend of $783 by every customer.
- First-time NYC Guests: 21% of attendees bought to expertise the attraction of New York Metropolis for the primary time.
- 35 million Pokémon have been caught through the Pokémon GO Fest New York.
- Attendees walked a median of 18.6 miles whereas capturing Pokémon and making connections with different Trainers.
Held in August at Brockwell Park, the London occasion is reported to have yielded an financial affect of £46 million ($55.9 million), with £22 million ($26.8 million) generated in tax income. The occasion noticed greater than 50,000 folks journey to and play on the fundamental venue, in addition to all through town. Curiously, most (62%) attendees travelled from exterior the UK to participate within the occasion, contributing much more to the native economic system.
Tracy Halliwell, Director of Tourism, Conventions & Main Occasions at London & Companions, mentioned:
“The openness and curiosity of Londoners made Pokémon GO Fest a giant hit in our metropolis. London’s numerous neighborhood, nice alternative of venues, and wonderful transportation make it an ideal place for occasions to thrive. We’re enthusiastic about future Pokémon GO Fests and are dedicated to working with companions like Niantic to convey extra enjoyable occasions to London.”
- Financial Affect: £46M with a tax income technology of £22M.
- Attendance: 62% of tourists travelled from exterior the UK, and 60% of attendees have been between 25-44 years outdated.
- Spending Traits: Every customer spent a median of £430 ($522).
- Vacation spot London: 49% of attendees would go to London once more within the subsequent 12 months.
- 34 million Pokémon have been caught throughout Pokémon GO Fest London.
- Trainers attending Pokémon GO Fest London walked on common 41 kilometers whereas having fun with the occasion.
Osaka’s GO Fest yielded an financial affect of ¥5.409BN ($38M) and generated ¥1.649BN ($11.6M) in tax income for the Japanese metropolis. Over 60,000 Trainers attended the three-day competition at Expo ‘70 Commemorative Park and within the Suita and Osaka city areas.
- Financial Affect: ¥5.4B with a tax income technology of ¥1.6BN.
- Attendance: 78% of those that attended the occasion got here from different elements of Japan, whereas 2% of members got here from overseas (primarily the U.S.).
- Spending Traits: The common customer spent through the Osaka occasion was ¥47,755 ($335).
- Right here For The Buying: Osaka attendees spent ¥1.66BN ($11.7M) on purchasing.
- 21 million Pokémon have been collectively caught by Trainers throughout Pokémon GO Fest Osaka.
- Attendees walked a median of 27 kilometers whereas exploring the Expo ‘70 Park and Osaka’s city areas.
The put up Pokémon GO Fest Creates $300 Million Financial Affect Globally appeared first on Pokémon GO Hub.