Shortest I’ve ever written, belief me.
CD transfer Surf is an improve over Water Pulse, however Mega Slowbro continues to be too gradual for something significant.
- Barely reveals up on charts in uncooked energy.
- Nice bulk lets it contribute good harm in 6-player lobbies, however nonetheless behind or barely forward of different megas. And provided that everybody else makes use of the identical sort as you.
- Doesn’t actually have a area of interest double responsibility as an attacker and XL booster, outdoors of potential Keldeo raids.
- If you need very best model of each mega, evolve one throughout CD.
Maintain studying for:
- Water-type attacker charts
- Water and Psychic-type mega charts
- Checklist of my earlier analyses, in Appendix
Slowpoke (and Galarian Slowpoke) Group Day occurs on Saturday, March 18, 2-5pm. All types of Slowbro and Slowking get Surf.
Surf is an improve over the non-legacy Water Pulse in raids, however the Slowdudes’ defense-weighted stats make them too gradual as raid counters. The one type with any potential relevance in raids is Mega Slowbro, a textbook defensive mega with top-tier bulk, however nonetheless solely 224 base assault. (Even Mega Aggron does higher!)
Can Mega Slowbro be a very good “help mega”, that’s, a mega whose major objective is to outlive so long as potential and provides different gamers a mega enhance of 30% (or 10% with strikes of various varieties)?
Mega Slowbro as a Water attacker
Let’s have a look at uncooked energy first…
Water Gun/Surf, being higher than Water Pulse, does permit Mega Slowbro to at the very least present up on the chart now. In case you haven’t constructed a Mega Slowbro, would possibly as effectively evolve one throughout CD.
Non-mega Gyarados > Mega Slowbro, in particular person energy.
It’s a must to get right down to stuff like Crawdaunt to discover a good comparability for Mega Slowbro… That’s a no from me, dawg.
Mega Slowbro amongst Water-type Megas
So long as one different participant is utilizing Water varieties, you utilizing Mega Slowbro is best than not utilizing any mega.
In most lobbies with sizes that matter, Mega Slowbro continues to be the worst Water-type mega to deliver (virtually).
Surf does have increased DPS than Water Pulse, and Mega Slowbro has the 2nd longest time on area (with impartial typings), solely second to Primal Kyogre. However the a lot decrease DPS is just too laborious to beat, even in comparison with Mega Gyarados which has related bulk.
Mega Slowbro amongst Psychic-type Megas
Mega Slowbro does have the most effective non-signature psychic moveset, Confusion/Psychic, with out requiring Elite TMs. However…
In comparison with Water megas, Mega Slowbro fares a bit of higher in giant lobbies as a Psychic mega, however not meaningfully so.
The one state of affairs the place it shines: 6+ raiders, others all utilizing L40 Mewtwo – then Mega Slowbro does higher than Mega Latios, Gardevoir and Alakazam.
However good luck having that occur, and even then, it’s nonetheless utterly outclassed by Mega Latias and future Mega Metagross (with impartial typings).
- To be clear, utilizing a Mega Slowbro is best than not utilizing any mega, more often than not. However there are different megas you need to use.
- In case you’re interested by uncooked energy, it’s unhealthy. I received’t even make a devoted plot for it, however you’ll be able to seek advice from my newest Psychic chart here (Mega Gardevoir evaluation).
Does its typing have any use in raids?
Even when we contemplate “being a raid attacker and an XL sweet booster on the similar time”, Mega Slowbro fails to shine – until Keldeo involves raids. However even then, you need to use Mega Gallade.
The opposite legendary/legendary is Victini, however good luck ready for that in raids.
Abstract and Verdict
If you need the finest model of each mega, evolve one throughout CD.
In case you haven’t constructed a Mega Slowbro but, or need an excuse to construct one other one, CD is the most effective time to do one.
In any other case… Not a lot cause to trouble. Positively NOT price an Elite TM.
Articles arising subsequent
- Which shadows are helpful in raids? This will probably be extra of a tier checklist with no plots concerned. Hopefully earlier than the Rocket takeover on Mar 21, and hopefully with an infographic in collaboration with my Go Hub colleagues!
- Shadow Sceptile and Shadow Blaziken, the 2 raid-relevant targets amongst new shadows. I intend to make this a standalone article from the tier checklist, however the article itself could get delayed a bit. Outcomes from this evaluation will contribute to the tier checklist, for positive, and I’ll point out preliminary ends in the tier checklist.
Appendix: Previous analyses on different varieties
- Bug: Bug Out
- Darkish/Ghost: Gholdengo & DIB Melmetal
- For Tyranitar speculations: Tyranitar CD Basic
- For Giratina-O comparisons: Shadow Pressure Giratina-O
- Dragon: Breaking Swipe Rayquaza
- For full future attackers: Mega Salamence
- Electrical: Reshiram & Zekrom with Fusion strikes
- Mega Mewtwo Y (Thunderbolt) knowledge is improper
- For Xurkitree comparability: Bug Out
- Fairy: Mega Gardevoir
- Preventing: Shadow Mewtwo (Half 2 Terrakion part), with a number of future and speculative attackers
- For future megas: September GBL replace (Mega Mewtwo X knowledge is improper)
- Additionally Galarian birds, Extremely Beasts & Sneasler
- Hearth: Reshiram & Zekrom with Fusion strikes
- Mega Mewtwo Y (Flamethrower) knowledge is improper
- For full future attackers: Gen 3 mega starters
- Flying: Staraptor CD
- Grass: Gen 3 mega starters (with out Chesnaught in present attackers)
- For full future attackers: Kartana
- For Chesnaught-specific plots: Chesnaught CD
- Floor: Primal Kyogre & Groudon
- Ice: Kyurem & Mega Glalie
- Mega Mewtwo Y (Ice Beam) knowledge is improper
- Psychic: This text
- For Shadow Mewtwo with IVs: Shadow Mewtwo
- For full future attackers: September replace/Psychic Spectacular
- Mega Mewtwo knowledge is improper
- Rock: Tyranitar CD Basic
- For full future attackers: Gigalith CD
- Metal: Gholdengo & DIB Melmetal
- For full future attackers: Mega Aggron
- Water: This text
- For extra on Primal Kyogre: Primal Kyogre & Groudon
- For full future attackers: Gen 3 mega starters
The publish [Quick Analysis] Group Day Mega Slowbro as a Raid Attacker appeared first on Pokémon GO Hub.